Thursday, May 29, 2008

The case of the falling bullet

There was a heated debate today among some of my employees regarding whether a bullet fired into the air can fall back to earth with sufficient speed to kill someone. I did a little research on the subject and found the evidence to be inconclusive.

However, I did find out that a penny dropped off the top of the Empire State building will most definitely NOT kill you. I also discovered that I'm very good at finding and retaining useless facts.

Stay tuned for more tantalizing trivia...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I think it's pretty conclusive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

I think the next topic for debate at the office should be whether RPG's fired into the air do any damage on the way back down...

faylasoof said...

I stand corrected.

As for the RPG, my resident RPG expert has told me that RPGs do not explode on impact, but are in fact on a timer.

So according to him, an RPG fired into the air will explode in the air.

Feel free to prove me wrong on that one as well :)