Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Asleep Behind the Wheel

Today I stopped at a local bank to do some business. There were, of course, no unoccupied parking spots. However, the bank had conveniently hired parking attendants to ensure that clients would not decide to go somewhere else. So I double parked, and at the attendant's request, left the key in the ignition. I entered the bank, did my business, and returned to my car a few minutes later, only to find the parking attendant sitting in my car with the radio on, asleep! I opened the door, thinking the sound would be sure to wake him up. Wrong. I gently said "Excuse me." No dice. I nudged the guy on the shoulder and he finally woke up with a start. Quickly composing himself, he stepped out of the car and held the door for me as I got in, smiling to myself.

Poor guy was probably up all last night firing his machine gun into the sky (and other unsuspecting targets).

No comments: