Saturday, July 30, 2011

Zeid Hamdan Update

I was wrong. The guards didn't tell Zeid Hamdan to "go home". The judge did! Also, according to the article, there is an explanation for the 'tweet from jail' question:

As he was put into handcuffs, Hamdan managed to pass his mobile phone to his lawyer."I gave him my Facebook code and asked him to do an announcement to my Facebook profile, which he did."

I was wrong again. It was Facebook, not Twitter. What I find confusing is how a person can pass a mobile phone to someone else while being put in handcuffs without being noticed. And why did the lawyer need Zeid's phone to post on Facebook? Everybody knows that you can access Facebook from any payphone or telex office.

In an interview with NOWLebanon blogger Angie Nassar, Zeid had the following to say:

I have a feeling that all this is just a mistake. Someone wanting to do good with the president but not being clever or someone wanting to harm the president and give him a bad image. I don’t know, it’s so stupid, you know.

'Stupid' doesn't even begin to describe it.

No comments: